Is wireframing a thing of the past? I'm beginning to think so as a new wave of WYSIWYG codeless, drag and drop editors are now hitting the market. Content Management systems that present one view on the back-end and another on the front-end may become obsolete. Yes… perhaps even WordPress unless they begin to catch up.
Over XNUMX designers have built over XNUMX sites with Webflow. It's a web design tool, a content management system, and a hosting platform all in one. This means that designers are actually developing the code at the same time – and the results are automatically optimized for responsive layouts.
Webflow Features include:
- Codeless Designer – Webflow writes clean, semantic code for you so you can focus on the design. Start with a blank canvas for total creative control, or pick a template to get started fast. With their premium plans, you can easily export your HTML and CSS to use as you like.
- Repons Design – Easily build custom looks for desktop, tablet, and mobile (landscape and portrait). Every design change you make cascades to smaller devices automatically. Take control of every breakpoint, so your site looks pixel-perfect on every device.
- Animation and Interactions – Bring on click, on hover, and on load interactions to life with no code with animations that will work smoothly on any device and across any modern browser.
- Prebuilt Components – Navigation, sliders, tabs, forms and lightboxes are pre-built, fully responsive and included with the ability to capture leads and feedback out of the box.
- Ecommerce and Integrations – Productized integrations include Zapier and Mailchimp. Build your storefront and handle shopping cart and payments with third-party tools like Shopify.
- Templates – Choose from over XNUMX business, portfolio, and blog templates that you can customize within Webflow.
- Hosting and Backups – Use a custom domain with automated and manual backups, security monitoring, staging and production databases, and high-performing page load speeds.
- Tutorials – Webflow's sant èd offers multiple courses to get you started and in-depth tutorials to help you out, along with a forum and workshops.