Pat has another great post on his blog about a trend in Australia where sports sponsors are seeing a decline in brand awareness – even though they continue to do the same things. What's the definition of insanity?
Foli ap fè menm bagay la ak tann rezilta diferan.
Maketing ak Foli Piblisite
Wherever we find an Advertising Agency or a Marketing Firm, we find this don't we? People tend to admire their own work, ignore the data, and continue to work within their comfort zone:
- Ajans ki gwo nan Flash bati bèl, sit entèaktif ki genyen prim, men pesonn pa ka jwenn yo paske yo inyore SEO.
- Mass marketers ignore the simplicity of targeting your content on the Internet and then wonder why their content isn't sticking.
- Amatè Videyo bati sit Pleasant lou ki pa gen okenn kontni tèks sipòte pou lektè a aksidantèl.
- Brand marketers continue to apply spin to every chunk of content on their corporate website, ignoring their prospects' kondisyon pou kontak pèsonèl, transparans ak onètete.
- Mache ki ranvwaye medya mas pou sou entènèt paske li parèt mwens chè. Si pwodwi ou se yon aparèy jeryatrik, paj jòn yo oswa anons klase nan yon magazin vize ka gen pi gwo retou sou envestisman maketing.
Mwayen ki pi bon an ka mwayen ki pa fasil
Every marketer or agency excels in specific mediums, but it's rare that an agency or marketer doesn't ignore or dismiss mediums that could be helpful. Television, radio, newspaper, direct mail, telemarketing, yellow pages, classifieds, sponsorships, charity, contests, scholarships, memberships, blogging, online video, pay-per-click advertising, email marketing, social networks, search engine optimization – all of these are mediums that do rive jwenn moun. Sepandan, gen rezon ki fè chak nan sa yo ka ede oswa menm pètèt anpeche efò maketing ou.
Konsomatè yo ak biznis yo ap chèche pou ou
Key to selecting your marketing mix is testing those mediums, comparing other (similar) advertisers' results, reading white papers, following best practices, and finding the most effective mix to gain the appropriate return on investment. Marketers are complaining that chòk atansyon konsomatè yo réduction men mwen pa dakò absoliman. Konsomatè yo ap eseye jwenn ou when you have the right product or service, be it business to consumer, or business to business. It's your job to place the right information in front of them at the right time and place.
Maketing Melanje Chanjman ak Tan
There is a third dimension to marketing and that's time! We tend to look at marketing as a pie chart, calculating each piece of the pie and what percent of the marketing resources will be appropriate. But marketing doesn't work like this. When you first launch a social network, your media mix may be heavily pay-per-click advertising and perhaps sponsoring contests to build initial readership. However, once you have enough members to sustain growth, your resources may be better spent in search engine optimization since that will leverage your users' content to build additional growth.
Stop the insanity and push yourself to go against your better judgment! You've got an arsenal at your disposal, there is no silver bullet.