Kèk minit de sa, mwen te resevwa yon Alèt Google sou yon atik sou poukisa Ajax te depase Java. Sounds like a great article, doesn't it? I couldn't tell you because I never read it. This is what I was met with when I got there:
Ki sa ki fè paj sa a ridikil anmèdan:
- When the page launches, a div pop-up hits me right between the eyes with a very small close link in the base. The pop-up isn't a window pop-up so a pop-up blocker doesn't work. As well, the advertisement is carefully positioned to display OTHER ADS within the sidebar and it actually blocks the content I came to see.
- Si ou desann, reklam la rete nan menm pozisyon relatif la! Ou absoliman pa ka li kontni an san klike sou fèmen sou Reklam la.
- Piblisite videyo a kòmanse jwe le pli vit ke sit la lanse avèk son! I don't mind sound on a web page… when I ask for it.
- Nan paj la gen 7 piblisite nan gade klè ... e pa gen kontni.
- There are no less than five navigation methods on the page! There's a listbox, horizontal tabbed menu, horizontal menu, a horizontal ticker menu, sidebar menus… how can anyone possibly find anything on this website? I'm wondering whether or not there actually se nenpòt ki kontni sou sit la nan ant tout meni yo ak piblisite!
- This is, supposedly, a website that's a resource for Website Professionals! Can you believe that?
Yon nouvèl teknoloji ak sit enfòmasyon ki konparab
In comparison, let's take a look at CNET. CNET also has a multimedia component (that you click play on if you'd like to, and 7 advertisements in plain view! However, the navigation and web page layout promote the content instead of hiding it.
Enpak ak konparezon
If you don't think design is an important feature of a news and information website, I'll throw in this comparison of Alexa estatistik konparezon:
What's your most annoying web site? Please… keep it to Marketing and/or technology sites.