This week I'm working on a presentation for the Webtrends Engage conference. My topic is quite specific and the time slot is very brief (10 minutes), so it's challenging me to do one heck of a presentation! I've been asked to speak to successful B2B Blogging.
I've narrowed the keys to Business to Business Blogging down to 5 distinct strategies for the presentation:
- Fè devan. It's not enough to blog, you dwe devan tout lòt konpetitè yo ak lòt bri yo deyò. Ou dwe devan kliyan, in front of relevant social networks, in front of competitors' search engine results. No longer can you simply wait for people to find you.
- Bay yon chemen. Chak paj nan blog ou a se efektivman yon paj aterisaj. Ou dwe bay fason pou vizitè yo kontakte ou, yo dwe bay rezon pou yo kontakte ou, epi ou dwe fè li senp epi fasil.
- Pran swen sans yo. People don't read blog posts, they scan them. Some don't read at all, they look for visual and auditory mediums. If you're not using espas blan efektivman, ap fè son ak videyo, you're not connecting with a large percentage of your prospective audience.
- Kaptire Enfòmasyon. A blog is a fantastic way to provide information and build authority with prospects and customers. You don't have to do it for free though… it's okay to survey and request information about your reader. Providing additional resources such as whitepapers or webinars mande enskripsyon an.
- Mezire an Dola. Angajman isn't measured in comments, it's mezire an dola ak santim. It's essential to integrate a business analytics zouti ki ka akomode mezi egzat nan efò blog ou yo.
Each key, of course, can have an associated presentation… but don't lose sight of the big picture if you're blogging for business with other businesses.